fredag 12. februar 2010

The power of scents

I am sure you have experienced how the scent of something or someone can take you back in time. It is funny how something so seemingly simple can trigger powerful emotions in us; the smell of your girlfriend or boyfriend’s perfume can bring to mind memories of pleasant evenings spent with him or her, whereas the scent of summer or spring can produce feelings of happiness and joy. Speaking of summer, whenever I apply sunscreen on my skin, my mind immediately sets out on a journey to previous summers, and my mind becomes overwhelmed with images and sounds of days gone by.


It is a special kind of magic, and while I do enjoy travelling back in time through scents, it often leaves me with a feeling of nostalgia. I often find myself wanting to go back in time and relive those happy moments spent with good friends, but for obvious reasons I cannot. While one may not always appreciate those moments as much as one should when they actually occur, our minds seem to be smart enough to store them for us. So if you do not wear sunscreen: apply some next summer and experience the sunscreen time machine effect! It works.



Ingen kommentarer: