tirsdag 22. desember 2009

Home

Where is home? Is it where my family lives, where I study or where most of my friends are? Or is it where I gave my heart away and got so much in return? Perhaps it’s where I became me – where I laid the foundations of what I am today? Sometimes the answer seems self-evident, but then I have those moments where I’m uncertain again. It’s very confusing because it feels like I need to know, but maybe I don’t? Sometimes I want nothing than to be home, but then I have those days where I want to be anywhere but there. Peculiar and stressful! The search for a place to call home is proving to be difficult. What’s common is that I often love parts of each “home” I’ve been to, but rarely the whole thing. I guess it’s hard to satisfy me. I feel like a sailor without his compass (back in the olden days when they still used such things) or like a tumbleweed rolling restlessly along the desert. I don’t know where I’ll be some years from now – maybe I’ll never have a “permanent” home but change homes every three years. Who knows? Sometimes I do wish I could decide, but it seems impossible for me.


Ingen kommentarer: